Carrie and Core's Adventure in Sivuqaq

Welcome to Carrie and Core's adventure in Sivuqaq. Sivuqaq "wrung out dry"is the Siberian Yupuk name for St.Lawrence Island. We live in Gambell, on the Northwest cape of Sivuqaq just 35 miles east of Siberia. I hope you enjoy the posts, pictures and comments feeL free to post us a little note. PLease...please...please!

Wednesday, April 11, 2007

Mungtuk


"Mungtuk", the Yupik word, is the dark of the whale you see in this picture. The boat capatin gave out generous shares of both Mungtuk and blubber to the whole village including the teachers. I received at least thirty pounds of meat and blubber and have been eating whale sandwiches, whale stew and even yes, whale pizza! I've got my groceries taken care of for the rest of my stay I guess.

0 Comments:

Post a Comment

<< Home